Wednesday, March 30, 2011

APPLICATION LETTER



 Here is a sample of English Standard Application Letter:
  1. If you start with;
    Ms. So Much

    Human Resources Manager

    PT. Soon Duck Beating

    Jl. The Mock No. 10

    Yogyakarta 57313 Indonesia

    You use this opening salutation : Dear Ms. Much, (the last name) and this complimentary close; Sincerely yours, or Yours sincerely,


  2. If you start with;
    Human Resources Manager

    PT. Soon Duck Beating

    Jl. The Mock No. 10

    Yogyakarta 57313 Indonesia

    You use this opening salutation : Dear Sirs, (of the company) or Dear Sir, (of the personnel) or Dear Sir/Madam (only used if Personnel Manager/HRD is a male or female) and this complimentary close; Faithfully yours, or Yours faithfully,

  3. Paragraphs:
    1st    : state where you got the information and your intention to apply for a particular job/position.
    2nd    : state your reasons for applying and the qualities you can offer that will fit you for the position. You must be able to sell yourself (selling-points), promote shortly and professionally who you are (organizational and working experiences)
    3rd    : state your willingness to attend an interview (if that is possible) or to be contacted further (your own address with telephone number/fax) or your desire to hear the results of your application (therefore, enclose a stamped envelope). You need to do this sensitively so as not to appear too impatient or demanding. Remember that a lot of applicants may apply for the same position.

  4. Your signature and your name (without title/degree)

  5. List of enclosures: Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Degree certificates, etc

  6. Paper size : A4/Quarto

  7. Line Spacing 1 up to 1,5 spaces

  8. Typed/computerized except if an ads requires applicants make use of hand writing.







OPENING SALUTATION
  1. In response to your ads appearing in ________ daily newspaper dated _____ I would like to be considered for the post of ________


  2. Having read with interest about your ads in ______ dated ______, which is looking for ________, I should like to be considered for the post of _______

  3. With reference to your ads dated ______ please allow me to submit my application and curriculum vitae as _____

  4. Regarding your ads dated _______ in _______, I would like to apply for the position of _______ in your company/college/institution

  5. I'm interested in working (attracted to work) in your company as advertised in _______ dated ______ as ________.



SELLING POINTS

  1. I have had an extensive experiences as you will note from my resume which I work _______


  2. I worked in ________ company as _____ for ______ years. During working at that company, I promoted ________, etc. I earned my computer skill at IMKI and during studying I participated in _______. I also obtained wide knowledge of accounting/management.



CLOSING PARAGRAPHS

  1. I believe I am well-suited for the position of ________ in your company. I could easily arrange to come to your company for an interview in support of my qualifications and look forward to having your response soon.


  2. I shall be glad to provide any further information if you need it and I can come for an interview at any time. Please feel free to contact me through (0271)00707 (at the above address). Thanks for considering this application and I look forward to hearing from you.

  3. Enclosed are my curriculum vitae, ______, _____. Please feel free to contact me at the above address. I look forward to having your reply soon.

Curriculum Vitae:

Begin your CV with your name, address and phone number, you should not write Curriculum Vitae across the top of the page; since the employer will know automatically what it is. You may list both a current or campus address and a permanent address.


City Sure Last Three
Jl. Jalan Pagi Gg. Gu Cewek 30
Banjar Baru 55281
Cirebon Telp. (0274)222222
OR
City Sure Last Three
Collage Address:                        Permanent Address:
AMIKOM Surakarta                         Jl. Kancil 47 Gg. Timun
Jl. Rajiman 327                         Kotabaru
Surakarta 55281                        Yogyakarta 55282








Career Objectives
: 
To obtain marketing position as a marketing staff with opportunities to promote the company and work with other departments proffsionally.
Educational Background 
: 
AMIKOM Surakarta 2001 --- 2002
SMUN XXX Yk 1997 --- 2001
SMPN XX YK 1991 --- 1997
SDN X YK 1990 --- 1991 
Non Formal Education
: 
Sewing Course, etc 
Working Experience 
: 
Mei 2001 – Sept 2001 : worked as a vendor 
Non Academic Background
Organizational Experience  
: 
Seminar, OSIS Leader  
Award 
: 
The Winner of Wrestling 
References 
: 
Name or address of person/company for recommendation


Jl. Tentara Pelajar No. 23
Telp. (0274) 377769
Yogyakarta 55281


October 31, 2001


Mr. Baharudin Habibie
Human Resources Manager
PT. Clurutan Kertas
Jln. Ontong Mabung No. 99
Bandung Indonesia 45678


Dear Mr. Habibie,


I am writing in response to your advertisement for the post of Junior Auditor (Jakarta Post, October 23, 2001). Having compared with my organization and work experiences as well as my educational background, I saw a great amount of compatibility to be the candidate.
I have had an extensive experience in Auditing manager, directing some junior staff and designing auditing affairs. Working at PT. ENTUP Yogyakarta for 2 years has made me realize to handle the auditing accurately. I do enjoy all aspects of working and believe that I have the right combination to take on the challenge of Junior Auditor.
I was a graduate of Gadjah Mada University in the Department of Accounting. Studying there gave me a wide knowledge of different issues on accounting. Organisational and working experience I got make me very well-suited for the post of Junior Auditor with your company. I could easily arrange to come for an interview in support of my qualifications and look forward to having your response soon.
Sincerely yours,


(Ms). So Much


Encl. 1. Curriculum Vitae, etc